Hello My Beautiful Friends!!!
So recently I had two of my girlfriends ask me “How did I know that I was ‘in’ Love” Well, I was going to ‘automatically’ pop back and say, well when you know you know. Because that’s really how it was for me. But I didn’t want to give some generic answer, I wanted them to know I was for real about how I knew!
So I thought on it for about a week, really took the time to think “how did I know”?
My Answer: “Hey You, you asked me how did I know when I was in Love with Will, and I wanted to follow up as I never got back to you..... I knew that I knew that I was 'IN' Love, when I knew that NO MATTER WHAT!!!! This Guy "had" to be FOREVER APART of my LIFE!!!
It was as though I knew he was ‘apart’ of me, our Souls matched, they were united. It was like he just ‘understood me’ he ‘got me’ and I ‘understood him’ and we went into it as a ‘friendship’ with ‘no expectations’ and were as ‘honest as honest’ gets!! I was more open in my raw honesty with him from day 'two', as he also was with me than I have ever been with anyone in my whole entire life up unto that point and actually still until this very day, he learned things about me that day that no-one else in this entire world knows about me. He got it all, most of it very shameful and all very personal. Looking back I can't believe it was day 'two' that afforded us the opportunity to have a heart to heart, unexpectedly, naturally & informally but I'm so thankful for it! It was like I didn’t have to hide anything with him, I threw it all out there, not hoping for anything in return, just maybe some feedback as to his outlook on all the bidness I just downloaded it all to him and it was that HONESTY that raptured up our hearts and set our love a flame. I'd say looking back on this very moment in time it was what allowed us the opportunity to become unveiled in a way neither of us ever have before … hearts were in the raw, and that united us before we even realized it!
When I think back to how I knew I was totally completely in love with this man, I remember reflecting on Him and thinking there isn't one thing I’d change about this man, Will but I just LOVED HIM for HIM!!! Just the way he was, just the way he is ((minus his stinkers!!! Lord have mercy!!! haha! He’s not going to love that I shared that! ;)) but honestly I wouldn’t have nor to this day would I change one thing about Mr. Will Ortiz. I truly love him just the way he is! I would also say I wouldn’t have soundly said at that time that ‘I am ready for love because I didn't know all of What Love Is’ because for me 'love, loving someone and being loveable has been a journey for me' ... and an amazing one at that! But I can confidently say that ‘I loved Him from day one and I believe that ‘LOVE knew I was ready for LOVE’!!! Through all the seasons in life, the heartaches and the pain, the ups and the downs, the joy and the growth, LOVE has gotten us through it all!!! I learned Love is a Gift and Love is a Choice!
I also knew I was ‘in love’ with Will because he was what ‘inspired’ me! He inspired me to be the best me that I could be and until this very day I still live ‘in love’ and ‘inspired’ by Mr. Wilfred Ortiz!!!
So I would encourage you to not be anxious for LOVE! In the Bible Book Song of Solomon Chapter Three it encourages us ‘not to arouse or awaken LOVE until it so desires’ so don’t awaken Love before it’s time!!! When I hear that verse it just gives me a vision of a red rose, closed up sitting all pretty and when Love comes, it Opens and BLOOMS so very beautifully! It is so worth the wait!!! So often we the people, don't want to wait for Love, we think we are ready so then we pick someone or someone picks us and that's not who was meant to LOVE us TO our Best!!!!
I truly hope that this encourages someone today and that you are blessed by it!
Small Steps in the Right Direction
I’d like to take this time right now and share a little bit more with you. I was going through an old, old journal about a month or so ago and I found a few notes I made as a younger ‘wifey’ heading into my seventh year of marriage; now approaching our tenth year and I would still hold weight to these words.
These will seem small but can make such a BIG impact. I've learned it is the little things that matter when it comes to fostering the connection, friendship, relationship & intimate covenant with My Mans!
1. PRAY for him always
I can not tell you enough how important this is.
And what has been even more special, precious and, rewarding has been when I haven't mentioned a word to Will about what area I'm praying about in his life and then GOD reveals himself! So Amazing HE is!
I can not tell you enough how important this is.
And what has been even more special, precious and, rewarding has been when I haven't mentioned a word to Will about what area I'm praying about in his life and then GOD reveals himself! So Amazing HE is!
- Quite simply, there is power in prayer!
- There was one season we went through, when our boy was about 6 to 7 months old and I had three consecutive dreams that my husband was working at the same company as me, which is the company he worked for before he took the position he was currently occupying. Well, I would share these dreams with him and he would respond to me by saying, "I don't think so, I really can't see that happening but if it's God's will, then okay we will see" the Second time he responded the same way as he did the first time and the Third time, he said to me "You keep saying that to me but I don't see that happening, I already told you if that's God's will for me then fine, but that's not what I am looking for" and I was like “yikey’s Spikey simmer down now; I’m just sharing my dream with you. It wasn’t my heart’s desire sheesh!” Well later that year contracts were ending for my husband's current position and they didn't initially anticipate any change, just was expecting to go into the office re-sign the contracts the same as they had in past, when word started to travel that individuals in the role of which my husband and his colleagues were occupying at the time could possibly be facing a lay off and would not be asked to re-sign their contracts, well out of nowhere a girlfriend of mine here at work shows up at my desk and shared with me how the ladies at her church were doing a 30 day commitment of praying for and encouraging their husbands and invited me to do the same, however I didn't have to attend she would just print me a copy of the forms and I could do it on my own. (side note: I've since then done this focus of prayer an additional 3 times and each time I honestly see God work mightily within my husband’s life, whether it be emotional, spiritual, mental, financial or in, leadership, I have certainly seen the Lord move mightily) Yet in this particular situation, the rumors were true, my husband was facing a loss of his job. And let me tell you... God provided so mightily, more than we could have asked for, Will's previous job that he occupied before he went to follow this desire he had; opened up and he was able to get right back to where he started but in this case he was actually going to obtain an INCREASE in his pay close to a $10K annual increase in comparison to the salary that he was obtaining when he was previously fulfilling the same exact role within the same company! Glory to God Right!! Yes and Amen!!! Amazing GOD HE is!!! Well at the same time of this transition, He was also able to have off the entire summer to enjoy with our children, time he will never get back, memories that will never be forgotten and get paid all the way through the start of his next employment opportunity, never missing a single paycheck. I still remember planning the budget together at our dining table and us both being in awe, of God’s amazing Grace! I was in shock that we would not be missing 'one' check between jobs!!! I think back to that moment even as I write this and I'm still in AWE!!! What a Mighty and Awesome God we serve.
- So I've learned to Trust God when He reveals something to me! Even that of which makes no sense to someone else, and I've seen the power prayer really has.
- So often we 'reactively' pray and I want to encourage you 'proactively' pray and no matter what stay 'ACTIVE' in your prayer life!!! It is your connection and relationship with the Lord, keep those lines of communication open, keep them real, authentic and, just available!!!
(if you are interested in the 30 days of praying for your husband that I used for that testimony above, contact me and I would be more than happy to email it to you.)
2. Plan romantic nights at home
- Having young children and being particular of the influences of folks we place in their lives as role models, has put us in a position to be more creative, thoughtful and, intentional about ways we can keep our intimacy levels high and that includes being spiritually intimate, emotionally intimate, mentally intimate and, physically intimate.
- One way that we've found to be impactful is 'scheduling' and taking the initiative to make the time to have MD Time... symbolic for Mom & Dad time... MD also symbolic for doctor... Haha, but during this time we are 'not' mundane and aren't down with the same ol' same, we really think it's important that we keep it fresh and saucy as Will says.
- So here are a few examples of what we do during these times; board games, sit on the porch and shoot the poo, have staring contest (i love staring at that man and especially into his eyes, unashamed) something special about taking the time to look into the eyes of the ones you love, make out sessions (yes people! it's important to make out with your hubbs), snuggle for a movie night, sit out by the fire and get intense in our conversations while roasting marshmallows.
- Making the time to dream together and, sharing each other’s individual dreams and how we can encourage each other in this wonderful life, is so important and I personally love putting the kids to bed early and sitting out back, and or waking up super early for Jesus & Coffee time together, or coffee and a movie on the weekends, bubble baths, a little one on one basketball game, softball toss in the front yard, picnics in our yard just the two of us, and, the list goes on! Just be creative, original and authentic to who you and your man are.... not who 'Will & I are'
3. Hold his hand
- It’s just that simple, while you're walking, riding in the car, lying in bed, sitting next to each other in church, in the movies, in bed, anytime and anywhere, just do it. It's such a simple connection but it's the sweetest little gesture.
4. Sing him a song
- Even if you can’t sing!!!! Seriously!!! All the more precious special and hilarious! Right? Yes!! The first song I ever sang to him was Dangerously in Love by Beyoncé and well let's just say we'll never forget that moment! It brings a smile to my face and cheer to my heart every single time I think about it! I don't do this all the time but the few times I have even if they are funny songs, or made up ones, they have been memorable, meaningful and often times hilarious!!! (He is super amazing at creating his own lyrics and rapping a quick little verse to me or singing me a very dear song!... our daughter has also inherited this lyrical trait!!! It's So cute!)
5. Give him a massages... it doesn't have to be all fancy, thought out or Amazing but do it.
- I kind of suck at this and definitely not going anywhere near his puppy dogs (although I did once! I'm just not a foot person) but when I do make this initiative to give him a massage, even if it's a hand massage, head or neck massage or tickling his arm, the fact that I'm thinking about him and wanting to relieve him is such a sweet thought that he really appreciates!!
6. Make it a point to enjoy HIS favorite hobby
- Watch the packers with him, Basketball, Go support him in his athletic activities, inspire, support and, encourage him to be the BEST HIM HE can BE!
- Maybe buy him something nice or thoughtful in regards to what it is that he loves to do.
- Letting him know you care about what is important to him is also important to you is the point! That took me time to learn/understand. And I'd definitely say that it's important they know they are valued, adored and, appreciated!
7. Make him his favorite treat
- Keep up with what He loves. For example it was Banana Creme Pie for a while and he finally told me 'Babe, i like Banana Creme Pie but I also like other stuff' so we played around and found a few new faves!!! Keeping it Fresh is Best!
8. Cook his favorite meal
- Again keep it Fresh!
- I like to whip out the first meal I ever made for him... 'English Muffin Pizza's' ... so fancy Right!? hahaha, not quite and it's not the most amazing dish either but it's apart of our history so I like to toss that in every once and a while. Just do fun stuff that's organic to you two!
9. Compliment & Encourage him mucho much
- Boy is there POWER in this!!!
- There is a lot to be said about building UP a man with Honesty and all that God says He is!!! NOT with False Hope and what ‘you want him to be!!!’
- Build Him up in all that God says He is!
Well that's all for now My Beautiful Friends!
Be Encouraged, Be Blessed and Be a Blessing!!!
"I have found the one my heart loves"
For that I thank the Good Lord in Heaven, for I know HE is the Author of Every Good and Perfect Thing!!! And the Love I share, sow into, harvest with my Handsome Husband is a Good Good Love!
Blessings to you all!
Stephanie Rae Ortiz
Growing in Love the Way God has Shown Me
Established & United in Christ on April 8, 2008

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey Gorgeous,
Thanks for your continued love and support!
Leave your comment below
You are truly appreciated, Dollface.
Love,
Stephanie Rae